The Open Charge Alliance is proud to announce the launch of the new
OCPP Compliance Test Tool 2 (OCTT2)
OCTT2 is the highly anticipated tool for OCPP 2.0.1 developers to test their devices on protocol conformity. With this new tool, you can test your OCPP 2.0.1 implementation and check if you have implemented the OCPP specification correctly.
With OCTT2 we launch a new platform for testing OCPP implementations of a Charging Station Management System (CSMS) or a Charging Station (CS). While the focus when developing OCTT2 has been to support OCPP version 2.0.1, this will be extended in the future to support other OCPP versions.
OCTT2 is launching today as a cloud-based solution hosted by The Open Charge Alliance and is now available as a subscription service with a sleek (web-based) interface to make it as easy as possible to test OCPP implementations for your organization’s internal use. The key features of OCTT2 are:
- User-friendly web-based user interface to run OCPP conformance tests
- Hosted solution with updates included, no need to worry about installations or upgrades
- Extensive configuration options and functionality to define multiple configurations profiles
- Online Testcase documentation with links to the OCPP 2.0.1 specification
- Real-time detailed insight in the test case execution with clear error messages
- Detailed logging and insight in the testcase execution and result (including all messages)
OCTT2 currently contains a first set of OCPP 2.0.1 test cases. We will enhance OCTT2 in the coming months with:
- Additional testcases and coverage for additional functional blocks (e.g. ISO15118)
- APIs to automatically execute testcases for integration in CI/CD and test automation
Using the tool requires the one-time purchase of a license for the OCPP 2.0.1 testcase set plus an active yearly subscription. OCTT2 is available for both non-OCA members and OCA members. Members of the Open Charge Alliance can purchase OCTT2 at a discounted price.
When you acquire OCTT2 now, you only need to pay for the OCPP 2.0.1 Testcase License and the subscription fee for 2023 but can already use it in 2022. As part of your subscription, you receive guaranteed updates and will have access to all future updates and supplements for both OCTT2 and the OCPP 2.0.1 testcases.
* An instance is a single copy of the OCTT2 software running on a physical or virtual server. Each instance of OCTT2 can be used to test a single Charging Station or Management System at a time.
If you are interested in acquiring OCTT2, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. You will then receive the OCTT2 license agreement including the order form to specify your organization’s needs.